Regardless of the scope of a project, CLP’s engineering team has the skills, experience, technology and resources to design a total solution that answers your specific need. The following are the engineering services for which we are frequently contracted.
Pre-Design and Planning
- Drawings and documentations – as-built drawing updates, project final documentation, GIS database updates, etc.
- Specifications – create and update major electrical component specifications tailored for specific projects.
- Codes and standards – keep up to date with industry standards and interpret/apply them for design, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- System studies – load flow, short circuit, protective device coordination, arc-flash analysis, harmonic analysis, system improvement analysis, vulnerability assessments, power quality assessments, etc.
- System planning – reliability, energy security and resiliency planning for critical infrastructures.
- Annual capital improvement plans (CIPs) – assess the site-specific electrical system limitations/deficiencies, develop concept design for upgrade alternatives, outline technical scope of work, develop budgetary estimates and present the CIPs to all stakeholders.
- New RFPs – project concept design, preliminary drawings, scope of work, technical site visits, technical proposal writeup and engineering estimates.
- System modeling – create or update electrical system models in ETAP or similar software.
- Substation design engineering – turnkey engineering including site planning, studies and calculations, design and drafting, specifications, procurement support, construction support, testing, commissioning, training and O&M supports.
- Distribution systems design engineering – underground upgrades, overhead upgrades, substations, control and relaying, automation, major replacements and renewals, retrofit upgrades, capital improvements, system deficiency corrections etc.
Testing and Automation
- Protective relay programming and testing – relaying and protection scheme design, relay settings development, function testing, logic design, inputs/outputs, communications, and automation.
- Field testing and commissioning – test plan development, testing and commissioning of various upgrade projects.
- Automation systems – design and engineer automation schemes, communications architecture, automation controller logics and SCADA systems.
- Maintenance engineering – maintenance test plans, maintenance test results analysis and recommendations, field inspection report analysis, preventative maintenance plans.
- Troubleshooting – fault event analysis, root cause analysis, equipment failure analysis and recommendations.
- Customer project reviews and design feedback – new facility service connections or upgrades
- Reliability data analysis – outage tracking, reliability indices calculations, trend analysis, improvement projects development
Energy Conservation Measures
- Energy conservation measures (ECMs) – preliminary assessments (PA), investment grade audits (IGA), project scoping, cost and saving analysis, design, engineering, project management, and measurements and verifications (M&V).