Generally speaking, we may collect two types of data and information:
Personal Information: The first type is personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with a particular individual or a household. Although not all of the following are applicable to each User, the categories and types of Personal Information that we may collect either online or off-line include:
- We collect Personal Information from you (or about you) when you provide it to us directly. For example, when you register for or login to our Site or you fill out a “contact us” form, you will be asked to provide certain details such as: first and last name, alias, mailing address, email address, telephone number, Site registration username and password, and other Site registration information.
- We collect Personal Information from your device when you access the Site. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g., MAC address and UUID), and other information that relates to your activity throughout the Site.
Non-personal Information: The second type is non-personal information that is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to Users that may be made available or gathered by your use of the Site. Non-personal Information may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g., the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information on your activity on the Site (e.g., pages viewed, clicks, actions, etc.). We do not know the identity of a User from which Non-personal Information is collected.
Although not all of the following are applicable to each User, we may receive your Personal Information from various sources, such as:
- From you the consumer, independent contractor, or job applicant, when you visit the website and voluntarily submit information through forms on the website or social media, when you visit any of our physical locations, when you purchase or inquire about any of our services, when you enter into a contract to perform services for us, or when you apply for a position of employment;
- From our employees and contractors when you interact with them
- From our clients and visitors when you interact with them or when they observe you
- We utilize cookies to automatically collect information about our website visitors
- Surveillance cameras at our physical locations
- Lead generators and referral sources
- Social media platforms
A "Cookie" is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you. Nevertheless, you may remove the Cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences. However, if you choose to disable Cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter Cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, visit www.google.com/policies. According to its own policy Google does not collect any personal data with this process. Nevertheless, to opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This will allow you to download and install a Google Analytics cookie-free web browser.
Although not all of the following are applicable to each User, we may use Personal Information that we collect from or about you for any of the following business purposes:
- To communicate with you, such as sending you notices regarding our products and services, providing you with technical information, and responding to any inquiries or customer service issues that you may have;
- To provide you with requested products or services and to perform our contractual obligations to you;
- To market our websites, products, and services (see more under "Company Promotional Correspondence", below);
- To better provide you with services and enhance the use of our Sites;
- To promote safety and security;
- To conduct statistical, diagnostic and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site and our services; and
- To ensure compliance with Company policies and any applicable laws, regulations, ordinances, rules, or orders.
Any Personal Information you provide us, such as identifiers or employment history, when applying for a career position with the Company will be used solely to consider and act upon your application. We may retain your Personal Information for a period of time, but only for as long as necessary for such purposes. We may disclose your Personal Information to our service providers for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position you applied for, or other available positions.
To fulfill or meet the purpose for which you provided the information.
- To comply with state and federal law and regulations requiring businesses to maintain certain records (accident or safety records, and tax records/1099 forms).
- To engage the services of independent contractors and compensate them for services.
- To evaluate, make, and communicate decisions regarding an independent contractor, including decisions to hire and/or terminate.
- To grant independent contractors access to secure Company facilities, systems, networks, computers, and equipment, and maintain information on who accessed such facilities, systems, networks, computers, and equipment, and what they did therein or thereon.
- To implement, monitor, and manage electronic security measures on independent contractor devices that are used to access the Company’s networks and systems.
- To evaluate, assess, and manage the Company’s business relationship with vendors, service providers, and contractors that provide services to the Company.
- To improve user experience on Company computers, networks, devices, software applications or systems, and to debug, identify, and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our systems.
- To reduce the risk of spreading infectious diseases in or through the workplace.
We do not sell, disclose, or share our Users’ Personal Information with any third parties for their own use, and have not done so for the preceding 12 months.
We will not use disclose, share, or transfer your Personal Information with any other person or entity, except as follows:
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties that you or your agents authorize us in advance to disclose to or allow to use.
- We may share your Personal Information with our service providers, who may be located in different jurisdictions across the world, to assist us with any of the following business purposes:
- Hosting and operating our Sites;
- Providing you with our products or services, including providing a personalized display of our Sites;
- Responding to your customer service inquiries or requests;
- Storing and processing Personal Information on our behalf;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our Site, products and services; and
- Performing internal research, technical diagnostics, security assessments, or analytics.
- We may disclose Personal Information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- Enforce or investigate potential violations of our policies;
- Investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues;
- Establish or exercise our rights to prosecute or defend against legal claims;
- Prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of the Company, our Users, or others;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies and/or to enforce legal rights; or
- Further any other purposes permitted by law.
- Where necessary to assist us with the foregoing business purposes, we may disclose Personal Information to our attorneys, business consultants, tax preparers and auditors.
- We may also share aggregated demographic and statistical information that is not personally identifiable with third parties, including, without limitation, our corporate partners.
In the event of a sale, assignment, or transfer of our assets or of any portion of our business, we reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from individuals, or that we otherwise collect in connection with the Site, to unaffiliated third-party purchasers.
We may use your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc. ourselves or through our service providers for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials concerning our products or services that we believe may interest you. We provide within such marketing materials a means by which to decline receiving further promotional materials from us. If you unsubscribe from these materials, we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
You may receive emails from the Company for a variety of other reasons. If you have an account with the Company on the Site, you can select your preferences through your account settings. You can also manage your receipt of certain types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Alternatively, you may contact us at email@example.com with the word “UNSUBSCRIBE” or “REMOVE” in the subject line. Your email address will be removed from our marketing list. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide our services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing personal data, communications, and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations. We may rectify, replenish, or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Site is not designed for or directed at children. You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to use our Site and the Company’s services. If you are not at least 18 years of age, please do not provide any Personal Information through this Site. Under no circumstances shall we allow the use of our services by minors without prior consent or authorization by a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors or children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us, below.
If you have any general questions about the Site or the information, we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, at 1-844-490-0002, or at the following address:
City Light & Power, Inc.
Attention: Chief Compliance Officer
6312 S. Fiddlers Green Circle Suite 200E
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
The State of California enacted the Shine the Light law (CA Civil Code Sec 198.83) that permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information during the past year for marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or call 1-866-566-9438.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, Cal. Civ. Code §1798.100 et seq., (“CCPA)” took effect on January 1, 2020.
A business subject to the CCPA that collects a California Consumer's Personal Information must, at or before the point of collection, inform the consumer as to the categories of Personal Information to be collected and the purposes for which the categories of Personal Information shall be used.
A covered business must disclose and deliver the Personal Information the business collected about the consumer in response to a verifiable consumer request.
For purposes of the CCPA, “Personal Information” does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information; or
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, such as:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver's Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
As a California Resident the CCPA grants new privacy rights to California consumers, including:
As a CA resident you have the right to request up to two times in a 12-month period the following:
- The categories of Personal Information the business has collected about the consumer;
- The categories of sources from which that Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing this information;
- The categories of third parties with which the business shares Personal Information;
- The specific pieces of Personal Information the business has collected about the consumer making the request;
The right to request, up to 2 times in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you, free of charge, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you going back to January 1, 2022, unless doing so would be impossible or involve disproportionate effort, or unless you request a specific time period;
You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our Service Providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
As a CA resident you have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information (to the extent such an inaccuracy exists) that we maintain about you;
The right to not be discriminated or retaliated against for exercising any of the above rights, including an applicant’s and independent contractor’s right not to be retaliated against for exercising the above rights.
We do NOT and will not sell your personal information in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. We do not share your Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
- Consumers' rights under the CCPA, including the consumer right to opt out of any sale of the consumer's Personal Information and, if there are sales, a separate link to the "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" Internet Web page;
- The methods for submitting and verifying consumer requests; and
- A list of the categories of Personal Information that the business has collected about consumers, sold about consumers, and disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: How To Make A CCPA Consumer Rights Request.
If you wish to exercise any of the CCPA consumer rights summarized above, such as a Request to Know or a Request to Delete Personal Information, you can do so in one of the following ways:
- Click on this submit a CCPA REQUEST to complete and submit the referenced web form;
- Call us at our Hotline 844-490-0002; or
- Reach us by email or U.S. mail at:
City Light & Power, Inc.
Attention: Chief Compliance Officer
6312 S. Fiddlers Green Circle Suite 200E
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Upon receiving a verifiable Request to Know Access or a Request to Delete, we will confirm receipt of the request within ten (10) business days and provide some information about how we will verify and handle the request, and by when you should expect to receive a response.
Please note that you may only make a verifiable consumer Request to Access or Request to access your data under the CCPA two times within any 12-month period.
If you are a California resident, when you submit a Right to Know, Right to Access, Right to Delete, or Right to Correct request through one of the methods provided above, we will ask you to provide some information in order to verify your identity and respond to your request. Accordingly, the verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request. Requests to delete or to know specific household Personal Information will not be granted unless each member of the household is verified.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you designate and authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. For your protection, we will need some proof that someone seeking to act on your behalf is actually authorized by you to do so. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
We will try to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) calendar days of its receipt. If we need more time (up to a total of 90 calendar days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt.
If you are making a Request to Delete your Personal Information, we may re-confirm with you that you really want your information deleted after verifying your request.
If we cannot respond to or comply with your Request to Access or Request to Delete, for instance, because we cannot verify your identity or because an exception applies, we will explain the reasons we cannot comply with your request. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Consent to Terms and Conditions