Reports to: CLP Denver Office
Work Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and responsive private utility development leader. Currently, CLP is seeking qualified candidates for a Drafter position with power systems design and drafting emphasis.
If you are highly motivated, energetic, and hardworking individual seeking to expand your power design and drafting career with a stable, innovative, and rapidly growing utility company, this is the position for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create professional grade CAD drawings from engineering sketches and concepts.
- Organize and put together design drawing submittals and construction drawing packages.
- Update as-built CAD drawings per field red-lines.
- Draft electrical system operational site maps, single-lines, and schematics under senior designer/engineer’s supervision for all of CLP operations.
- Keep up-to-date with latest GIS, CAD, and system modeling software features and use them to improve drafting quality and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain CAD lisp routines (in AutoCAD) to automate drafting processes.
- Create bill of materials (BOMs) for engineering projects.
- Learn and maintain basic power engineering concepts and fundamentals.
- Provide design and drafting support to each of the CLP sites as required.
- Keep up-to-date with latest CADD technology developments and utilize them to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Provide CADD user trainings to new engineers and drafters.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- 2-years Associate Degree in CADD and Design from accredited college.
- Basic understanding of medium voltage electrical substations and distribution system configurations and functions.
- Familiar with power systems component drafting and design.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish.
- Up to 25% out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position. Valid driver’s license and ability to travel if required.
- CLP offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and holidays.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.