Reports to: Sr. Project Manager
Work Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly
City Light & Power is looking to add a Warehouse Lead to our team. Manages the day to day operations, performing daily inventory accuracy, and adhering to the company and department policies and procedures. Direct the flow of materials for optimal productivity while maintaining levels of quality, accuracy of inventory, and safety of employees.
If you are highly motivated, energetic, and hardworking individual seeking to expand and build your career with a stable, innovative, and rapidly growing utility company, this is the position for you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by maintaining procurement scheduling.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure compliance with Safety policies and guidelines at all times.
- Control and manage all inventory processes and issues as needed.
- Reporting on full cycle of inventory.
- Ability to Analyze Information.
- Responsible for Equipment Maintenance.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness through consistent monitoring and ensuring that all products are accounted for and in its proper place.
- Working with the distribution and allocations to ensure proper product quantities are delivered.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- 5-7 years of progressive responsibility in warehouse operations.
- Work well without direct supervision, professional demeanor, strong communication and customer service skills.
- Forklift experience required.
- Competent, customer-oriented professional who can multi-task.
- Knowledge of Electrical Utility work/equipment is preferred.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish.
- Willingness to undergo a background-check in order to obtain post clearance.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position. Valid driver’s license with clean MVR.
Benefits & Compensation:
Compensation will be based on qualifications. CLP offers great benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401k with company contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.