Work Location: West Point, NY
Employment Type: Full Time
City Light and Power Inc. (CLP) as of April 1st is the owner/operator of the electrical distribution system at West Point (USMA) for the next 50 years. CLP is looking for qualified substation technicians to work on our medium voltage substation switchgear. CLP guarantees 40 hours of work every week, requires technicians to be on call (rotation based) and respond within 1 hour to outages.
Substation Technician General Requirements:
- Operate (switch) medium voltage switchgear and PLC controls
- Test medium voltage power equipment
- Program protective relays manually and via computer
- Consult manuals, schematics, wiring diagrams and engineering personnel in order to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems and determine optimum equipment functioning
- Prepare and maintain reports detailing all tests, repairs, and maintenance performed
- Troubleshoot, repair, replace and clean equipment and components in a substation
- Support lineman during system restorations, maintenance and upgrades
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL-A)
Substation Technician - 3 years preferred
Excellent benefits including paid holiday, vacation, sick, personal days, 401K and LineCo Insurance.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. You must become signatory to local union IBEW 1249 and pay IBEW 1249’s required dues. In addition, Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position. Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License required.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.