APG Safety Manager
Work Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and responsive private utility development leader, and is seeking qualified candidates with 5+ years Safety Management/Utility Industry experience within electrical construction of transmission, distribution or substations.
Key responsibilities and accountability
- Manage maintenance and implementation of safety programs, compliance plans, and initiatives.
- Participate in the investigation of incidents, near misses and damage incidents. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records/documents are maintained.
- Conduct, coordinate and track various training to support company programs.
- Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Identify potentially hazardous biological, chemical and radiological materials.
- Ensure the company meets all its legislative compliance obligations with OSHA, CAL/OSHA, EPA, AQMD, ADA, and fire codes.
- Keep abreast of any safety and environmental law or regulation changes that impact the organization.
- Maintain and file documentation needed for reporting to controlling agencies.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience
- Ability to effectively communicate both safety and environmental training topics.
- Experience in accident management and prevention.
- Able to interpret environmental permit requirements.
- Travel to off-site locations to conduct safety inspections and perform training.
- Knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, DOT, and EPA rules and regulations required.
- Proficiency with computer software including Excel, Word, and Outlook is required.
- Certification or abilityto become certified in OSHA30, OSHA 500 Train the Trainer, 510 OSHA training, fall protection, Excavation, Flagger, Confined Space, Scaffold, Crane Safety, Lock Out/ Tag Out training required.
- 5 years or more of experience in the Utility Industry and knowledge of electric distribution, transmission and substation projects is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel is required.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish.
- Day travel between work locations required. Valid driver’s license required.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- You must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain Military Base security clearance.
- CLP offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and Holidays.
To apply please send your resume to JobOpportunities@clpinc.com
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.