Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Work Location: Denver Tech Center - Corporate Office
Employment Type: Full Time - Salaried
City Light & Power (CLP) is a company at the forefront of the modern day electric utility industry. We support the Federal Government in the area of military installations and their electrical distribution systems, as well as with local municipalities in the area of street lighting systems. At CLP, we are constantly searching for talent to join our diverse team of professionals.
We have a new position available due to growth! The Purchasing Agent facilitates the procurement process for purchasing and on time delivery of critical equipment, including detailed record keeping, vendor relationship, coding and issuing purchase orders, cultivating new vendors to achieve company sourcing requirements. Must be able to review proposals, equipment specifications and BOMs for new projects while formulating a sourcing plan to meet pre-defined delivery date requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adheres to purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Manage and execute the entire life cycle of Purchase Request through quote generation, vendor selection, coding and creating a Purchase Order to final issue to Vendor.
- Ensure that purchasing policies are followed.
- Uses knowledge of material work planning and methods engineering processes and procedures to coordinate product deliveries.
- Negotiates with vendors for good and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate.
- Examines bids and makes awards.
- Establishes account/credit and terms.
- Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost during the time period.
- Ensures Investment Budget rules are followed and keeps track of all DAD’s to ensure adherence to policy.
- Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account numbers.
- Works closely with receiving department(s) to ensure proper supplies arrived.
- Traces delinquent arrivals from purchase orders.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with U.S. laws.
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines and business ethics.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- Prior experience working for a Distributor or Manufacturing Representative organization is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Government Contracts is considered very beneficial.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Post-Secondary education highly preferred.
- 2 years of utility or manufacturing purchasing related experience or 3-5 years’ experience working within a purchasing department.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize technology in completion of duties.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization and vendor community.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of personalities.
- Ability to function in a high pace stressful environment
- Experience with Spectrum accounting software is a plus.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products with a demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Minimal out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. No Security Clearance is required for this position.
- CLP offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and holidays.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.