Reports to: Corporate Office
Work Location: Multiple Positions - Ft. Campbell, Ft. Riley, and West Point
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and responsive private utility development leader, and is looking to add several Installation Managers at our new locations, the positions will be located in the following regions: Midwest, Southwest, Northeast, and Southeast.
The Installation Manager at each location is the face of CLP at that location. This position is responsible for overseeing the transmission, substation, and distribution delivery functions that include engineering, operations, planning, overhead and underground field service crews, and electrical substation and testing crews at their location. The position is accountable for all aspects of the installations projects and their success.
- Represent CLP as the Sr. Manager at the Installation.
- Ensure the Installation Base Commander receives the highest level of service.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Utility Privatization contract.
- Maintain emphasis on the customer; develop an understanding of the customer’s culture, key people and processes.
- Communicate with owners, architects, subcontractors to chart out program objectives and plans.
- Submission of Request for Information to customer.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Point of contact for Union IBEW workers.
- Understand project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking expenses and minimizing exposure and risk.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality, and safety standards.
- Understand and monitor program of work to ensure estimates are completed prior to deadline.
- Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stake holders.
- Follow up at the end of a project to close any loops in the estimating process.
- Approve the procurement of materials, tools, and equipment for CLP at the installation.
- Prepare the annual revision to the 5-Year Capital Improvement/Repair & Replacement Plan and present it to the customer.
- Hold weekly meetings with the General/Crew Foreman to review projects.
- Attend all meetings with customer officials.
- Review on a weekly basis all maintenance activities.
- Resolve any and all QA/QC issues.
- Review and approve look-ahead documents and weekly/monthly progress reports.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in Program/Project Management and an understanding of blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services.
- 7-10 years of experience in the Utility Industry and/or knowledge of electric distribution, transmission and substation projects is required.
- Ability to understand construction schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, engineering, or related field is required.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel is required.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish.
- Willingness to undergo a background check in order to obtain installation clearance.
- Prior Military Service with Installation Management/Engineering experience is a plus.
- US Citizen
Benefits & Compensation:
Compensation will be based on qualifications. CLP offers great benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401k with company contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.