Reports to: CLP Denver Office
Work Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
Within the Engineering Department under the direction of the Sr. GIS Specialist and Lead Electrical Engineer, the GIS Analyst will perform advanced levels of GIS analysis, development, and management associated with City Light & Power’s Enterprise GIS Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a high level of skill in ArcGIS data analysis, enterprise geodatabase architecture design and management, map production, mobile data collection, and technical troubleshooting.
- Must stay up to date with GIS industry developments, and work with team to determine CLP’s response to changes and opportunities.
- The position will also perform administration of GIS data within SQL server, database and permissions management, and provide customer support of GIS users within the company.
- Must be able to work in both team environments and individually, with excellent customer service, organizational, computer technology, and self-starting skills.
- Skill sets to include problem solving, database design, program languages, apply abstract thinking to programming.
- Assist in day-to-day operation of the existing CLP GIS program.
- Develop, support, and manage custom GIS applications.
- Use Esri GIS software in conjunction with map graphics, map scale, and real-world coordinate systems develop and maintain GIS map products.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Planning, Geography or closely related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 3-5 years of experience with Esri’s ArcGIS suite of software with demonstrated skills in Python, ArcServer, ArcSDE, geostatistical analysis and QA/QC techniques required.
- Familiarity with SQL database structure, ODBC connections, and ArcGIS Server REST services.
- Additional experience with Asset Management, CAD, and electrical design is highly desirable.
- Strong graphic design and/or cartographic abilities.
- Strong analytical abilities with high degree of technical competence in analysis, design, and programming.
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of cartographic rules and principles, including data sources, data projections, and data integration.
- Work under the guidance of the GIS Specialist to maintain existing or create new datasets.
- Communicate face to face, by telephone, and in written form with both individuals and groups.
- Input data completely and accurately into a computer system using keyboards, scanners, mobile devices, Trimble GPS receivers and from third party sources.
- Interest in new technologies and web advancement.
- Basic IT skills and the ability to troubleshoot is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work and learn independently.
- Up to 25% out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position. Valid driver’s license and ability to travel if required.
- CLP offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and holidays.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.