Reports to: CLP Denver Office
Work Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and responsive private utility development leader, and is seeking qualified candidates for Utility GIS Data Technician position with asset data collection and visualization emphasis.
If you are highly motivated, energetic, and hardworking individual seeking to start and expand your power engineering career with a stable, innovative, and rapidly growing utility company, this is the position for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage and maintain Web Applications in Esri Enterprise Portal. These Web Applications are utilized for visualizing, managing, and reporting inventory, inspections, and maintenance activities for electrical utility distribution system.
2. Develop new Web Applications as necessary.
3. Provide technical support, documentation, and training to users on suite of existing and new Esri Web Applications.
4. Develop and maintain various templates for design and engineering activities in Esri Arc Pro platform. Provide training and documentation to engineers on how to use Arc Pro efficiently.
5. Develop and test CartoPac field data collection solutions.
6. Provide training and or support for CartoPac solutions.
7. Create maps/map books using either ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.
8. Assist in the development of data entry, metadata and data manipulation standards.
9. Work between departments to identify data requirements for new systems.
10. Assist with customer data deliverables and reporting.
11. Assist in developing QA/QC tools to validate field data collections and conduct QA/QC tasks.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
Bachelors in Geography, GIS, Environmental Science or another related field of study Required.
2+ years of experience in GIS Required.
Working knowledge of electrical utility distribution system is a plus.
Esri desktop products (ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, Arc Toolbox)
Esri Enterprise (Portal/AGOL)
CartoPac field collection software (or similar Field data collection tools)
Geodatabase design best practices
Microsoft Office Suite
Python and or Model Builder
Ability to develop technical documents, manual, and training materials.
Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
Must be a team player and be able to work independently with various partners from start to finish.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position.
Valid driver’s license and ability to travel if required.
CLP offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and holidays.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.