Reports to: Corporate Office
Work Location: Corporate Office in Greenwood Village
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
City Light & Power (CLP) is a company at the forefront of the modern day electric utility industry. We support the Federal Government in the area of military installations and their electrical distribution systems, as well as with local municipalities in the area of street lighting systems. At CLP, we are constantly searching for talent to join our diverse team of professionals.
Fleet Manager is responsible for acquisition, preventative maintenance, repairs and National DOT (maintenance) compliance in order to ensure a safe, reliable, and cost-efficient fleet of vehicles and heavy equipment to support our national business operations. This includes but is not limited to crew and equipment tools, site equipment such as mobile office trailers, storage containers, equipment trailers and fork lifts. He/she ensures appropriate use and care of physical assets, helps to prevent equipment failures, controls costs, manages external vendor relationships, works closely with both outsourced fleet support vendors and local service facilities. Performs ROI assessments and recommendations, fleet condition and compliance reports and site inspections as required.
- Identifying site fleet requirements, preparing RFQs and/or obtaining direct quotes from equipment manufacturers, secondary markets (if appropriate) or dealerships in order to obtain competitive pricing for required and justified acquisitions.
- Establish and maintain Construction Rental Vendor relationships for yard trailers, storage containers, dumpsters, heavy equipment requirements for short or long-term project requirements.
- Establish and maintain Utility Equipment Rental relationships for short term Fleet (Bucket Trucks and Digger Derricks) requirements for projects and shortages.
- Manage National DOT Maintenance compliance, record keeping and reporting in line with Federal and State regulations.
- Work directly with Risk Management and insuring partner to validate all DOT Maintenance regulations are met on an ongoing basis to ensure complete compliance against a DOT audit.
- Diligent and professional enforcement of required DOT annual, dielectric tests and BIT inspections with company field personnel when due dates are approaching.
- Develops and implements vehicle and equipment preventive maintenance programs.
- Manages against fleet department budgets (whether established for corporate or for various sites).
- Develops and maintains outside vendor and service provider relationships.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Maintain automotive cost effectiveness by reviewing equipment failures and component replacements to identify trends, and monitoring key expense indices (e.g., fuel, replacement parts, tires, labor hours, equipment, etc.) to identify and implement cost-saving strategies.
- Supports automotive safety and regulatory compliance by conducting facility audits, following up on issues, and coordinating safety and regulatory training.
- Vendor related duties include verifying external-vendor repairs, preparing repair orders and estimates, and performing on-site vendor inspections.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience of fleet management.
- Proven DOT experience and knowledge is required.
- Commercial Driver’s License is a plus but not required.
- Experience in vehicle and equipment maintenance programs and fleet ERP systems. Prior experience with Fleetmatics and/or Repair Central is highly valued.
- Able to work within department and Capital Expense Budgets.
- Can develop and justify budgeting requirements.
- Fleet and equipment vendor sourcing negotiation experience. Prior experience with NESCO and/or ALTEC desired.
- Fleet purchase/lease agreements knowledge and experience.
- Construction Rental Vendor experience. Prior experience with NESCO and/or Global Rental is a plus.
- Spec fleet vehicles for the best use of capital Expense budgets.
- Cost analysis of fleet use vs. cost of maintenance.
- Inventory Management experience required.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from Senior Management, customers, vendors, and employees.
- Advanced skill level in Excel. Proficient in Word and Outlook.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel is required.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position.
Benefits & Compensation
Compensation will be based on qualifications. CLP offers great benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401k with company contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.