Engineering Tech IV - Power Systems
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Work Location: Military Installations at Fort Campbell, KY, Fort Riley, KS, and West Point, NY
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and responsive private utility development leader, and is seeking qualified candidates for electrical engineer tech position with power systems operations and maintenance emphasis.
If you are highly motivated, energetic, and hardworking individual seeking to start and expand your power engineering career with a stable, innovative, and rapidly growing utility company, this is the position for you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain asset inventory and inspection program with automated tablets, GPS units, and enterprise Geographical Information System (GIS) database.
- Assist field crew and project manager(s) with field engineering support including, design, troubleshooting, analysis, calculations, code compliance, and standards.
- Create AutoCAD drawings from engineering sketches.
- Update as-built CAD drawings per field red-lines.
- Update electrical model in ETAP or similar software programs to reflect field changes/modifications.
- Keep up-to-date with latest GIS, CAD, or system modeling software features and use them to improve performance efficiency.
- Assist engineers with calculations, cost estimates, technical reports etc.
- Create bill of materials (BOMs) for various upgrade projects.
- Learn and maintain basic power engineering concepts and fundamentals.
- Provide basic engineering support to installations as required.
- Assist purchasing of materials and equipment for various projects.
- Conduct site survey, data gathering, concept design, cost estimates, and customer coordination for new service applications.
- Keep track of power outages, prepare and present fault event reports, and document system reliability indices.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4 years’ experience with an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (ET) from an accredited college/university with emphasis in electrical power systems or
- 2 years’ experience with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is preferred.
- Intermediate understanding of medium voltage electrical substations and distribution system.
- Experience with power system analysis, distribution system modeling, and protective device coordination.
- Experienced in blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services.
- Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work independently with various partners from start to finish.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- You must be a US Citizen authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel if required.
Benefits & Compensation:
Compensation will be based on qualifications. CLP offers great benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401k with company contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.