Engineering Tech IV - Power Systems
Reports to: CLP Engineering
Work Location: Military Installations at Fort Campbell, KY and Joint Base Lewis-McChord
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and responsive private utility development leader, and is seeking qualified candidates for electrical engineer tech position with power systems operations and maintenance emphasis.
If you are highly motivated, energetic, and hardworking individual seeking to start and expand your power engineering career with a stable, innovative, and rapidly growing utility company, this is the position for you.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review and coordinate customer service connections (small projects that require a basic system changeout for connections) – site walks with customer, concept sketches, specifications, BOM, procurement support, customer design review, CLP design and drawings, construction support, as-builts, and final documentation. Keep engineer in the loop and seek guidance and support when needed.
2. Coordinate and support engineer on large customer service connection projects – projects that require existing utility system reconfiguration, capacity increase, and/or protective device coordination.
3. Keep GIS and CAD drawings/standards up-to-date – support CartoPac data collection effort in daily basis. Connect all the dots in GIS and keep circuits layout as-built condition in GIS. Update system one-lines and other CAD drawings as needed.
4. Support engineer(s) on ISDCs and CU projects – data collections, field verifications, relay settings download/upload, event data gathering, metering information tracking etc.
5. Keep track of apparatus maintenance records and assist IM for developing R&R plans – review field inspections for QA/QC, keep track of maintenance requests in GIS, keep trach of apparatus and device testing reports and assist engineer in analyzing them.
6. Support CartoPac inspections and maintenance workflow – help field crew with CartoPac data collection, troubleshooting, adding data fields, and QA/QC data collections in daily basis.
7. Keep track of reliability indices – enter outage reports in eReliability. Help engineer prepare outage report for large scale faults and outages.
8. Support field troubleshooting and data gathering for fault events – download relay event data. Support field crew troubleshoot faults and failures.
9. Be the main engineering POC on-site for the IM, field crew, and customers – engineering extension in the field. Represent engineering team in daily field operations. Directly report to designated site engineer and fill any gaps between field and engineering department.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Qualifications:
Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (ET) from an accredited college/university with emphasis in electrical power systems. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is preferred.
Intermediate understanding of medium voltage electrical substations and distribution system.
Experience with power system analysis, distribution system modeling, and protective device coordination.
Experienced in blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time/cost/labor estimates for projects and services.
Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project.
Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
Must be a team player and be able to work independently with various partners from start to finish.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
You must be a US Citizen authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position.
Valid driver’s license and ability to travel if required.
Benefits & Compensation:
Compensation will be based on qualifications. CLP offers great benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401k with company contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.