Reports to: CLP Denver Office
Work Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and responsive private utility development leader. Currently, CLP is seeking qualified candidates for an Electrical Designer position with power systems design and drafting emphasis.
If you are highly motivated, energetic, and hardworking individual seeking to expand your power design and drafting career with a stable, innovative, and rapidly growing utility company, this is the position for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain CADD standards and user guides for engineering design and drawings.
- Create professional grade AutoCAD drawings from engineering sketches.
- Organize and put together design drawing submittals and construction drawing package.
- Update as-built CAD drawings per field red-lines.
- Update and maintain electrical system operational site maps, single-lines, and schematics for all of CLP operations.
- Keep up-to-date with latest GIS, CAD, and system modeling software features and use them to improve drafting quality and efficiency.
- Assist engineers with performing calculations, cost estimates, technical reports etc.
- Create bill of materials (BOMs) for engineering projects.
- Learn and maintain basic power engineering concepts and fundamentals.
- Provide design and drafting support to each of the CLP sites as required.
- Develop concept drawings and site maps for new Utility Privatization (UP) projects.
- Keep up-to-date with latest CADD technology developments and utilize them to increase productivity and efficiency.
- Provide CADD user trainings to new engineers and drafters.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- 2-years Associate Degree in CADD and Design from accredited college.
- Good understanding of medium voltage electrical substations and distribution system configurations and functions.
- Familiar with power systems component drafting and design.
- Familiar with structure of project blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare various design, bid, and construction packages.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish.
- Up to 25% out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. Military Base Security Clearance is required for this position. Valid driver’s license and ability to travel if required.
- CLP offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and holidays.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.