Electrical Engineer IV - Power Systems
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Work Location: Corporate Office in Greenwood Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess and maintain broad and in-depth knowledge of principles, practices, procedures, and standards related to utility power distribution systems.
- Design sub-transmission systems, substations, switching stations, and complex commercial/industrial power distribution systems.
- Develop concept design alternatives, engineering calculations, analysis, and engineering estimates for major capital upgrade projects for substations and distribution systems.
- Perform site surveys for major upgrade projects, develop concept design, and present the design to CLP management and the customer.
- Create, update, and maintain GIS database for large-scale electrical distribution systems.
- Prepare complete cost estimates for large-scale electric distribution and substation projects.
- Keep up-to-date with utility industry standards and codes. Enforce and maintain all applicable standards and codes for our O&M, replacement/renewal and new installations.
- Analyze electrical fault events, power quality issues, system loading scenarios and assist CLP crew to implement corrective actions.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of power system protection and relaying schemes for electrical distribution system.
- Develop/review complex electrical system models and validate various system study findings/recommendations.
- Develop electrical specifications for major electrical apparatus.
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor and construction personnel to
- Perform field take-offs/evaluations for estimate preparation.
- Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stake holders.
- Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate.
- Mentor junior engineers and provide guidance and support to help them grow in their professional career.
Project Management duties:
- Preparation of project construction schedules.
- Submission of Request for Information to clients.
- Acting as main point of contact for projects and facilitating design/review processes.
- Coordinating meetings, scheduling updates, submitting deliverables and addressing outstanding ‘open items’ as requested by clients.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) degree from an accredited university with emphasis in power systems. Master of Science in Electrical Engineering degree is preferred.
- 8+ years working experience in electrical utility industry
- Expert in medium voltage electrical substations and distribution
- Expert in power system analysis, distribution system modeling and protective device coordination
- Experienced in blueprints,specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time/cost.labor estimates for projects and services
- Ability to prepare and maintain construction project schedules in Microsoft Project
- Valid driver's license and ability to travel
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal, written and communication skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners for start to finish
- Willingness to undergo a background check and drug screen in order to obtain post clearance
- Must be an U.S. Citizen
Benefits & Compensation:
Compensation will be based on qualifications. CLP offers great benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401k with company contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.