Reports to: Cost Engineer
Work Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and responsive private utility development leader. Currently, CLP is seeking qualified candidates for an Electrical Estimator position.
The Electrical Estimator is an integral part of the Estimating team and is responsible for creating detailed estimates in a timely manner. Understanding the scope of work and effectively communicating this to various stakeholders is a must.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate Request for Proposal requirements and work with estimating team to prepare and submit required documents.
- Compute costs by analyzing labor, material and time requirements.
- Prepare subcontractor bid packages to be estimated from third party suppliers by gathering proposals, designs, specifications and related documents.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings with clients and site walk-throughs with subcontractors.
- Create and maintain an electronic database of project components including unit costs of electrical equipment, labor hours for installation and engineering. The database is to contain estimates from bids, as well as actual expenditures for delivered projects.
- Interface with internal engineering staff and other third-party suppliers to specify scope of supply.
- Leverage prior experience to generate price take-off quantities, materials, and construction equipment.
- Lead the solicitation, evaluation and procurement of subcontractors and materials for applicable scopes of work.
- Review final bids for accuracy, ensure all items have been included.
- Determine possible value engineering.
- Develop scope and plans for pricing of conceptual or budgetary estimates.
- Review contractor programs for compliance with contract documents.
- Perform constructability reviews, analyze budgets and project costs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be familiar with take-offs and pricing work in union, self-perform and lump sum, competitive bid environments.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as Electrical Estimator for an electrical contractor with an emphasis in high voltage.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with emphasis on resolving technical issues, preparing reports and analyses and influencing suppliers to meet service and technical needs of project.
- Must be computer literate and able to utilize Microsoft Office applications. Timberline Estimating experience a plus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
Some overnight travel may be expected.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. Valid driver’s license with clean MVR.
Benefits & Compensation:
Compensation will be based on qualifications. CLP offers great benefits package that includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, 401k with company contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.