Construction Coordinator - Electrical (Utility Industry)
Work Location: Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD - Aberdeen and Edgewood Areas
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
City Light & Power, Inc. has built a reputation as an innovative, reliable and responsive private utility development leader, and is seeking qualified candidates with 5+ years Supervising Crews & subcontractors /Utility Industry experience within electrical construction of transmission, distribution or substation.
Experience as an Operations Manager, Construction Manager, or Inspector within the Electrical Construction or Utilities Industry a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising, directing and organizing field crews
- Coordinate all field activities between administrative office and field operations
- Ensure safety of workers through proper training and enforcement
- Maintain quality control on all projects
- Verify daily work logs
Construction Manger’s duties to include:
- Provide input to engineering staff on cost estimates for electric transmission, distribution and substation projects.
- Oversee and facilitate the installation of electrical equipment and components for projects.
- Serve as a liaison with project management reporting inspections, subcontracting, progress, and delays.
- Proactively identifies and works to resolve any site issues that may impede the project delivery.
- Manage multiple construction projects at one given time and prepare construction progress reports for all projects on everyday basis and manage all communication with contractors and project managers.
- Collaborate with project manager and resolve all queries for construction progress and ensure compliance to all safety procedures at site.
- Schedule and attend field walk-downs with customer, subcontractor and construction personnel to understand and determine constructability requirements.
- Assist engineering department on field take-offs/evaluations for proposed changes in the scope of work.
- Compare various project documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Participate in estimate review process with internal and external stake holders.
- Assist construction personnel throughout the project life-cycle in tracking and understanding basis of cost estimate.
- Follow up at the end of a project to close any loops in the construction process.
- Assist in the preparation of project construction schedules.
- Assist in preparation of look-ahead documents and weekly/monthly progress reports.
- Reviewing and monitoring job costs versus budgets.
- Reporting to management team.
- Keeping emphasis on the client, develop and understanding of the client’s culture, key people and processes.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- Candidate must possess experience in understanding blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to assist in tracking cost/labor budgets for projects and services.
- 5 years or more of experience in the Utility Industry and/or possessing knowledge of electric distribution, transmission and substation projects is preferred.
- Ability to assist in the preparation of construction schedules.
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Must have excellent analytical, organizational, verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with various partners from start to finish.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time exempt position. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Day travel between work locations required. Valid driver’s license required.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- You must be a US Citizen and must be able to obtain Military Base security clearance.
- CLP offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and Holidays.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.