William J. Simmons (Bill), president
William J. Simmons (Bill) officially joined the family business, City Light & Power, in 1996 as a Systems Engineer. At the time CLP was focused on electrical utility contracts across the U.S. and especially in California. In 2007 Bill took over as Co-President with his brother, Tom. As Co-President of City Light & Power, Bill has been fortunate to be involved with the significant growth of CLP moving into new market spaces. In 2000 CLP entered into the utility privatization market for the department of defense when they were awarded the March Air Reserve Base contract.
Bill received his Bachelor’s Degree from Colorado State University, Ft. Collins. While still in school Bill began expanding his knowledge of the utility industry at Westinghouse Electric Supply Company.
Bill now has over 30 years of experience in the electrical industry, implementing long and short-term public and private partnerships and energy related projects while overseeing the day to day management operations and continued growth of CLP.
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Air Force Association (AFA), Life Member
- American Public Power Association (APPA), Life Member
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- Association of the United States Army (AUSA), Life Member
- Long Beach Symphony
- Long Beach Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA)
- Rotary Club of Long Beach
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME), Sustaining Member
- St. Mary’s Medical Center
- Young Presidents Organization (YPO)