Reports to: CLP Denver Office
Work Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Employment Type: Full Time - Salary
The CLP Accounting Team is growing and has an opening for a new Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager role is to perform general accounting, reporting, and analysis duties while working with the Accounting and Finance team to meet the financial needs of the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews invoices for accuracy and post transactions to general ledger and job cost ledger.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices, expense reports, and other obligations.
- For compliance with our federal government contracts, an understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is necessary to allow for correct classification of costs that are unallowable.
- Interface with purchasing.
- Coordinate W-9 collection and 1099 reporting
- Coordinates physical inventory counts and ensures that adjustments are made to the inventory subsidiary ledger.
- Assists with balancing the subsidiary ledger and accounts receivable ledger to the general ledger
- Assists with reviewing invoices for accuracy, post transactions to subsidiary ledger, job cost and general ledger.
- Calculate allowance for bad debt.
- Assist with Accounts Payable as needed
- Ensure that the accounting records follow the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) for a modified CAS covered federal contract as well as recording costs in accordance with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Uniform System of Accounts
- Ensure that revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities are recorded correctly in the general ledger.
- Reconciliations of general ledger accounts.
- Assists with preparation of journal entries for month end close
- Tracking, reporting, and ensuring timely payment on state use taxes
- Other duties as assigned.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- Five to seven years of accounting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Industry experience in construction, electrical contracting, utilities, or related field preferred.
- Experience in Federal Contracting preferred.
- Ability to multitask and perform under pressure.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills are essential.
- Advanced Level in Microsoft Excel as well as Proficient in other Office products.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new processes and technology.
- Working knowledge of Federal Government accounting regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards Boards (CASB), and/or Federal Energy Regulation Commission (FERC) is a plus.
- Experience with construction accounting software such as Sage or Spectrum is a plus.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- You must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. No Security Clearance is required for this position.
- CLP offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, and life insurance, 401K, profit sharing, Paid Time Off, and holidays.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.